Great teaching is an art. In other arts – painting, sculpture, the writing of novels –
great masters leverage a proficiency with basic tools to transform the rawest of material (stone, ink, paper) into the most valued assets in society.
- Middle School Math Teacher (2018-19)
- Middle School ELA Teacher (2018-19)
- Middle School Science Teacher (2018-19)
- Middle School Social Studies Teacher (2018-19)
- Middle School Elective Teacher (2018-19)
- Middle School Special Education / Student Supports Teacher (2018-19)
TEACHING AT BATON ROUGE COLLEGE PREP
At Baton Rouge College Prep, we believe that great teachers are the most important driver of outstanding student achievement. We also know that great teachers are made, not born. All members of our team share a conviction that excellent teachers must be willing to treat teaching both as a science and an art, and must be constantly honing and perfecting their skills in order to become more effective instructors.
We are cultivating a community of families, team, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure that our scholars succeed. We are looking for positive team members with a strong work ethic who are eager to work at a college prep middle school in Baton Rouge. Our team members share a commitment to see all scholars, regardless of background or educational history, realize their potential to excel in college and in life, changing the face of education in our city. Is this you?
- Unwavering in the belief that every scholar can achieve academic excellence
- Growth-minded, hungry, and humble for scholars and yourself, constantly learning, improving, and seeking feedback
- Flexible and creative in embracing the ambiguities inherent in building a constantly improving organization
- Gritty and problem-solving in the face of challenges
- Optimistic, supportive, and motivating to teammates, scholars, and families
- Detail-oriented in planning and execution
- Data-driven and analytical in order to reflect and take speedy action based on results
- Proactive communicator who reaches out to scholars, families, and teammates
- Bring It. Have the stamina and ability to set and achieve ambitious goals while delivering with the intensity required to bring your best self to an extended school day in a very high-performing school environment, including on call evening homework support.
- Deliver It. Dynamically lead scholars in whole-class and small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love of learning in scholars, and adjust instruction using qualitative and quantitative data to ensure scholar understanding and meet differentiated scholar needs.
- Own It. Research and develop engaging and rigorous lessons, homework, and assessments that align to relevant standards and push scholar mastery. Do the intellectual prep necessary to deliver rigorous instruction. Demonstrate a genuine passion for your content that is contagious to scholars.
- Sweat It. Consistently uphold, and implement Baton Rouge College Prep’s values, policies, and systems to effectively manage a classroom and lead scholars to meet high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Build It. Give and receive constructive feedback from colleagues to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement. Dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Love It. Build deep relationships with scholars, families, and team to foster a culture of joy and community. Maintain strong lines of communication with families about scholar progress. Go above and beyond to support and collaborate closely with teammates in the united pursuit of Baton Rouge College Prep’s mission.
- Qualifications/Certification. All candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree. All full-time Baton Rouge College Prep teachers must have a valid Louisiana teaching license, or willingness/eligibility to pursue state certification if necessary.
- Prior Experience. Prior experience teaching, experience teaching in a low-income community, and a demonstrated ability to raise achievement levels of traditionally underserved students is highly preferred.
- Subject Areas. Middle school teachers will teach literacy, math, science, history, special education, or enrichment across grades 6-8. Teachers may change content or grade level between this year and next year, so we are accepting applications for all content areas in grades 6-8.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at Baton Rouge College Prep includes a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter in the form below or via email to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please explain how you heard about Baton Rouge College Prep and your interest and qualifications for the desired position. You will also be asked to answer the following questions. You may wish to prepare your answers in advance.
- Why do you want to work at Baton Rouge College Prep?
- What is your greatest strength as a teacher? Where do you need to grow the most?
- What do you find gives you the most energy on a daily basis in your current role? What do you find drains the most energy?
Achieve excellence. Transform futures. Become a Founder.