At Baton Rouge College Prep, we are a team and family driven by a singular purpose: preparing every student to excel in college and in life.
- (verb) Have as one’s intention or objective
Example: “They purposed to reach the summit.”
- (noun) A person’s sense of resolve or determination
Example: “There was a renewed sense of purpose in her step as she set off.”
Our core PURPOSE values guide our work every day, demonstrated by staff and students alike.
- Persistence: We embrace challenges and stick with tasks when they get hard. We see mistakes as an opportunity to learn and are always getting better.
- Urgency: We make the most of every moment to accomplish our goals. We are smart and strategic about what we do.
- Respect: We treat others the way we want to be treated. We do what is right, even when it is difficult.
- Professionalism: We hold ourselves and each other to high standards. We are always focused and prepared for learning.
- Optimism: We believe in our abilities and the abilities of those around us. We believe in the power of “yet”, taking risks to keep growing.
- Self-Determination: We take responsibility for our choices and ownership of our learning. We know that we always have a choice.
- Engagement: We show excitement for learning and for each other. We participate thoughtfully to honor our team and our learning.